2 Corinthians 12:9 Each time he said, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in your weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weakness, so that the power of Christ can work through me.
Shortly after our last newsletter, Jon got a job with Missouri Baptist Children's Home.He has joined their maintenance team and loves it. He helps maintain their 10 acre campus with 20 buildings and 50 vehicles . The people have been great and his schedule has been flexible. We are so thankful for this new position! Even though we had no idea what was next, God has answered our prayers in a great way.
We've been reminded a lot (ALOT) over the last few months of God's strength in our weakness; of God's provision and our great need; of God's faithfulness and our need for our faith to increase. It's been a challenging and growing time of learning with our heart in real life, what we've known with a head knowledge. It seems like this stage of our life has required fully trusting and relying on God more than any other in our recent memory. Learning things with your mind, and learning them with your heart are different. I feel like I've learned things over the last few months, that I didn't know I needed to learn. Things that I thought I already knew. What an amazing thing to rely on God's greatness and faithfulness and have Him prove that He is all He says He is. How humbling and invigorating!!
Things at The Table are going great! We have built deep relationships with the four core families who meet with us on a weekly basis in our home. There already seems to be a bond between our families that feels vitally important. Our group has remained focused on going out in to the community and developing relationships that will help us love the people around us well. I have been leading the Kid's Party (our children's group) for the last few months and have loved being able to invest in these young hearts. They are so eager to learn about God and give him what they have. Our family has enjoyed building stronger relationships with our neighbors as the nice weather has allowed us to spend more time outside. The kids are naturals and love making friends! Our newest neighbors turned out to be one of Abi's friends from school. This week-end, Clay ran over and invited him to come to church - it was precious.
We feel so blessed to be on this journey and where God has called us to be.
- Serve the city of St. Charles.
- Build solid relationships throughout our community.
- Successfully transition Sarah Helm to St. Charles this summer!!! - we are excited
- On Easter Sunday we attended church at LifePoint in Lebanon, MO. Abi came back from the kids program with news of her decision to accept Christ in her heart! We are so excited for her to begin this journey.
- Jon led three sessions last month for the Missouri Youth Leadership Institute's annual conference.
- www.thetablestc.com is up and running. It's a great way to give, buy Table gear and keep up to date on what is going on here.
- We've been praying about health insurance for our family. This week God answered our prayers and the kids now have health insurance! He appears to also be providing a way for me to have coverage!! Praise God!!
- Jon has barley been able to put his tools away the last couple of months. There have been many things on his "repair list". He has done awesome!!! The car, washer, drains, so many things have been fixed because of his skill
- We have Table t-shirts. Everything is more fun when you get a t-shirt!
- Jon has many things on his mind and pulling for his time. Please pray for wisdom, sustainability and confidence for him. It is hard to make sure everything gets the needed attention.
- Ministry is a great place to be and we want to have a strong family to do it together. Please pray for the continued strengthening and health of our family.
- Church of God National Convention is coming up this summer, we were very blessed to attend last year. Please pray that if God wants us to go again this year, it will be strikingly clear.
- The lease on our current home will come up this summer, we need wisdom and guidance as we consider where we should live.
This month Abi was very excited to find out that she has a speaking part, as a bluebird, in her upcoming school program.
Clay loves dressing up as super heroes and can now ride his bike without training wheels. He's excited to play T-ball this spring.